eFile Texas Eviction

To eFile Eviction in Texas, go through following steps:

1. Notice to Vacate

Serve Tenant 3-Day notice.

2. File Petition

eFile an eviction lawsuit.

3. Get the hearing date

Confirm the date of the hearing by calling the JP court and also periodically call to make sure the tenant was served by the court. The eviction hearing cannot take place for at least 10 days after the petition is filed.

4. Court Hearing

Go to the court on your hearing date

5. Writ of Possession

File writ of possession if the tenant is still not willing to leave even though you have won the case. More Info

Frequently Asked Questions

Same county and the precinct where the property is located. Eviction cases must be filed in the same county, precinct and the place where the rental property is located. Eviction cases are rejected if they are filed on other location besides the property location.

No. You cannot evict a tenant based on their gender, race, religion, nationality, family status, skin color, or disability.

No. You cannot. The first thing you need while filing an eviction petition is the eviction notice. You must not skip this step. An eviction notice is a written notice that describes the violation or termination of the agreement by your tenant. You should deliver the notice to the tenant at least 3 days after filing the petition. This eviction notice can be typed or hand-written.

Yes.A landlord can evict a renter if they pay only partial rent. However, advocates for landlords advise them not to accept partial rent at all because it might weaken their eviction case.

Approximately 3 weeks. 3 days from notice to vacate to filing of suit. 8-10 days to serve the citation -The law requires the defendant have a least six days no more than 10 days notice before the hearing. 5 days to appeal the suit following the hearing required by law. 2 days - The Constable is required by law to post a 24 hour vacate notice on the Writ of Possession. 20-23 days is the minimum amount of time to evict someone in any County in Texas.

File Writ of Possession. If a tenant disagrees to leave even after the completion of the lease period, you can approach the Civil Court, under the jurisdiction of which your property falls.