Free eFiling Of Uncontested Divorce – Only PRO can do it for you

By | January 25, 2017

One of US Legal PRO’s customers recently emailed us the following:

You guys have been great. The services you provide are reasonably priced and worth every cent. You can quote me on that!

Russell, Houston, Texas

Note: eFiling service and divorce petition creation service are different. Uncontested Divorce petition creation service is not free but once the petition is created, US Legal PRO will file it to the court for customers and that service is free. However please note that court could charge anywhere from $250 to $350 for case initiation. The fee is dependent on the jurisdiction where the petition is being filed.

In fact, Russell’s case was unique and since we thought we could not help him, we had offered him a full refund for divorce document preparation (note free eFiling is different than divorce document preparation service). Instead, he did his research and made sure that we can still help and asked us to file his petition. What Russell said speaks volume about how much US Legal PRO cares about its customer’s satisfaction. Our goal is to get 5 starts all the time.

To understand why Russell said what he said, you will have to Ask yourself first:

Sites like 321 get a divorce or get divorce quick or complete divorce and countless others – do they really file divorce petition for you?

The answer is resoundingly NO!

They are documented creating factories and frankly legacy service providers and have yet to understand that court procedures are changing and have changed in many states.

For instance, electronically filing civil cases like divorce is mandatory in Texas. Indiana, Illinois and California are moving in the same direction. These document preparation sites do not convey you that and let you struggle with the actual filing portion of the petition and that is a major work. What good paper in your hands when you need to learn how to electronically file it?

Is there a help?

Yes – US Legal PRO is the “ONLY” Electronic Filing Service Provider approved by the Office of Court Administration ( that helps with preparation of a petition for uncontested divorce cases and also does eFiling on your behalf. Everything is done online for you.

What about the signature? Do I not need to sign the petition for Filing?

I knew you were going to ask that. Don’t worry – we got you covered there as well. We are the only service provider that enables you to sign your petition online thus eliminating the need for you to print, sign, scan and submit to the court. This is a huge time saver. No other sites provide this functionality.

Now you probably we can understand why Russell felt compelled to say good things about US Legal PRO.

Do you want to go ahead and complete Divorce Petition Questionnaire?

Wait I understand but tell me in detail what you do and how you do

Great let’s start:

US Legal PRO helps with creation and eFiling of Original Petition for Uncontested Divorce in Texas. The petition is your request for a hearing to allow a judge to grant you a divorce. After your petition is accepted by the court, you will need to contact the county court for hearing dates.
Filing original petition is the first step towards getting a divorce. After the petition is accepted by the court, there will be few more steps that you will be responsible for completing.

Texas Uncontested Divorce Process (Step by Step Instructions)

1) File Original Petition for Uncontested Divorce

In this step, US Legal PRO will help you file petition for divorce based on the information that you provide. This petition is your request for a hearing to allow a judge to grant you a divorce. Typical court fee for filing an original petition for divorce is $250 to $350.

uslegalpro.com_Original Petition For Divorce

2) Give Your Spouse Legal Notice


Now that you are done with filing Original Petition for Divorce and your petition has been accepted, you will need to give Legal Notice to your spouse and also prove to the court that you notified your spouse. There are three ways of doing this:

2.1) Waiver of Service – This form may be filled out by your spouse if he or she agrees to sign it. It tells the Court that your spouse has received a stamped copy of the Original Petition for Divorce and does not want to be formally given a copy by a constable, sheriff, or process server. This form allows the judge to finalize your divorce as long as your spouse has signed the Final Decree of Divorce, and allows your spouse to be notified of any hearings in the case. Your spouse must sign the Waiver in front of a notary. The Waiver must be signed at least one day after the Original Petition for Divorce is filed.

2.2) Official Service of process – Official service of process is when your spouse is formally “served” with (given) the Original Petition for Divorce by a constable, sheriff, or private process server, or when the clerk sends it by certified mail, return receipt requested. You must use official service of process if a Waiver of Service form has not been filed in your case. It is always best to officially serve your spouse if there has been domestic violence in the relationship or a Protective Order is in effect.

2.3) Service by Publication or Posting – You may either use Publication or Posting in case you are unable to locate your spouse. You will have to demonstrate to the judge that you tried very hard to locate your wife.

3) Wait

60 days

Now that you have given your spouse a Legal Notice, it is time to wait. You will be required to wait at least 60 days before the divorce can be finalized. The 60 day period starts from the time the Original Petition for Divorce is stamped. In other words, the shortest time it will take to finalize a divorced in Texas is 61 days. In case of domestic violence, there could be an exception to the 60-day rule.
Additional Waiting Period Considerations:
21 days answer period – If your spouse was served with a legal notice by an official process server, you will have to wait 21 days answer period + number of days till next Monday after 21 days answer period from the day spouse was served. Note that the total days could fall outside of 60 days waiting period.
7 days waiting period – If your spouse was served by Posting, you will have to wait 21 days answer period + 7 days waiting period + number of days till next Monday after 7 days waiting period.
10 days waiting period – If your spouse was served with a legal notice by an official process server, the process server gives you completed return of service which will need to be on file with the District Clerks for 10 days.
Note: Your spouse can file an answer any time before finalizing the divorce.

4) Determine if you case is Still Uncontested

Is still agreed

Now that you have waited, determine if your case is still uncontested. Your case is:
Contested – If your spouse files an answer and does not agree to the terms of the Divorce

Uncontested & Agreed – If you and your spouse agree on the terms and condition in Decree of Divorce, your spouse has signed a waiver or answer, and your spouse is willing to sign your Decree of Divorce.

Uncontested & Default – if your spouse did not file an answer after waiting period after being officially served.

5) Contact Court & Write Degree of Divorce and have Spouse Sign


Now that you have determined that your case is still Uncontested, find out when the court hears uncontested cases and plan in advance as to when to go to the court. Before you go to the court for the final hearing, complete the Decree of Divorce and have spouse sign the final version.

6) Go to the Court


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *